Remove this ad

borderfree

Victim of Immortality

Lead

Jan 28 13 9:47 PM

Tags : :

Ok, so this is an idea that while lying on my sick bed, I thought of. This may sound extremely unrealistic, impossible, etc to people and I thought of doing all of this myself even if it takes 10-20 years. However, I realize that sharing about this will actually make me feel better and the more the merrier, right? So, after brushing off that feeling of impossibility, I invite you all to dream with me. Furthermore, who need common sense when it comes to Touhou ^^

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

borderfree

Victim of Immortality

#1 [url]

Jan 28 13 10:03 PM

The game is called Gensou Colony (or Fantasy Colony). You guys may think of a better name later

Basically, this game is an mass multiplayer online game, where you can play it like an open world, 3rd-person RPG game mixed with Minecraft, and some other kind of simulation, strategy games. Sounds crazy, isn't it.

The story is basically like this: Yukari finds out that Gensokyo needs to expand in order to survive. However, expanding into the Outside World would be out of the question. Therefore, she comes up with an idea: establish Gensokyo's colony in a far away planet with nearly the same condition as Earth, through the use of gap hax, of course. Time goes by, the plan goes on smoothly until the initial colonization wave becomes insufficient. The people from the Human Village is then allowed to join the project and the game starts.

In the game, you're a person from the Human Village that wish prosper and thrive in the New World. You and other players are then called: Explorers. To play the game, you need to BUILD, MANAGE, and FIGHT. I'll talk about each action in the below post.

I hope one day a gap will open, pull me through the border and lead me to the land I has been longing for

Quote    Reply   

chronopolis

Secluded Librarian

#2 [url]

Jan 28 13 10:19 PM

Ok, so this is an idea that while lying on my sick bed, I thought of. This may sound extremely unrealistic, impossible, etc to people and I thought of doing all of this myself even if it takes 10-20 years. However, I realize that sharing about this will actually make me feel better and the more the merrier, right? So, after brushing off that feeling of impossibility, I invite you all to dream with me. Furthermore, who need common sense when it comes to Touhou ^^

-borderfree

The imagination is borderfree. :P Warmly waiting for more.

Quote    Reply   

borderfree

Victim of Immortality

#3 [url]

Jan 28 13 11:03 PM

The game's tech tree setting will be from the 17th century to the current day.

FIGHT: 
well, like Skyrim and other 3rd-person, open world and RPG games. The control should be somewhat simple. You're human and only starts to learn magic after entering the Colony so any fighting would be more physical combat rather than a bunch of spells filling your screen like in WOW. It would be beautiful if the fighting could make use of real life martial arts logic and philosophy (like divide into different stances, the use of balancing-imbalancing, etc)

BUILD: 
like Minecraft, just much more realistic and beautiful. Structures are held by physics laws unless they are enchanted with magic. Replacing simple blocks with various complex model like column, beam, tiles, brick, etc. Building would then require more consideration while still fun and cool as hell. You need to get and process raw materials to turn them into those "building blocks" and then can proceed with your own design. Building round and curvy shapes is no longer tricky. You can chose to put the material in any degree you want making diagonal lines possible as well. The only things that limit you is the techniques to process certain materials into certain "building blocks" that can be unlocked through a ARCHITECTURE tech tree.

MANAGE: 
Territory: after exploring for a suitable land, you start to establish your LAND. Your land is where your influence is 100% and wild animals and youkais will stay away from it. Your land will also generates resources for you. At first, your land will only be an small area around your base flag. To expand your area, there're several ways. One is to build structures outside your land and protect said structures from harm until your influence in that area reach 100%. Another way is to level up yourself and your influence will spread. You can also buy land or invade and annex lands from others. Your initial land surround your base cannot be invaded.

Production: pretty simple: raw resources/material + tech tree progress + your level + certain structure = product. Example: iron ore + blacksmith skill lv 1 learned + level 2 + smithy = iron ingot. The game only gives you the very basic of the required building, you can build over it to create a much more beautiful buildings later if you like. Remember that buildings required for certain product also needs certain requirement. Example: smithy needs a chimney so you can't cover up the chimney.

Trading: there are several "merchants" in the game from whom you can buy stuff. Rinnosuke for general stuff, Patchouli for magic-related stuff, Yukari for !@#$%^&* :)). Players can trade with each other too. One of the primary income source in the game is from selling stuff to the "merchants".

Diplomacy: there're 4 factions that already established themselves in the Colony. they are pretty powerful and acts as de facto governments. The SDM, the Moriya shrine, the Eientei, and the Myouren temple, . You can choose to ally with one of these factions if you want. If you ally with one of them, you can get both positive and negative bonus. Each of these factions has a powerful army as well with their basic units patrolling their cities that you can always fast travel to (thanks to Yukari gap technology). The basic units: SDM - fairy maid (these girls will looks like British Redcoat with fairy wings), Moriya shrine - yamawaro/kappa foot soldier, Eientei - naginata/yumi/matchlock tanegashima-wielding white hare, the Myouren temple - warrior monk.

Raising army: you can raise your own army consists of youkai (because the spellcard rule does not apply here, the army is made of youkai so they can generate after defeat. Don't worry no one is harmed). Gaining units is simple (through the tech-tree of course) so I won't talk much here. Once engage in a battle, you can either auto-resolve or fight it yourself. Once you choose to fight the battle yourself, the game pretty much turn into real-time strategy with consideration for morale and other stuff. After the battle, your units need time to replenish themselves so you won't lose a single one, thats the difference with RTS games. You are only given a limited slots for your army though so raise your army carefully. Once your slots are full, you can give your weaker units away for the "merchants" or for the factions (if you're in alliance) as mercenary so you can empty some slots.

I hope one day a gap will open, pull me through the border and lead me to the land I has been longing for

Quote    Reply   

borderfree

Victim of Immortality

#4 [url]

Jan 28 13 11:14 PM

Finally, once making yourself familiar with the game setting and rules, you will MAKE HISTORY. One of the thing I think is the best for such game is to let the players to make history for themselves. There's a large colony out there with much to explore, you can do whatever you want and make an impact to the game world. Your actions will have influence.

Examples:
You manages to build a brilliant building? It will be made into a famous landmark that the other player will visit. 
You pick a fight in one of those factions' city as Explorer? You will be engaged by patrolling guards of that city. 
Hated that other player whose relationship with one of the factions is negative?  You can convince that faction to attack that player.
You have just fought an epic battle? Akyuu will write it down in her history book for the colony.

The possibility is endless. The game gives you power to make your own adventure and create your own history. No longer having the admin throwing those nonsensical events at you, you are the event.

That's the end of my idea. It's a rather big one and it's still kinda messy at this point. However, I hope that some of you may dream together with me. And maybe one day, we will be able to create our new Gensokyo (one of the major cities in the game will be named New Gensokyo :D)

Quote    Reply   

tskikagezainin

Great Sealed Magician

#5 [url]

Jan 29 13 5:47 AM

The story is basically like this: Yukari finds out that Gensokyo needs to expand in order to survive. However, expanding into the Outside World would be out of the question. Therefore, she comes up with an idea: establish Gensokyo's colony in a far away planet with nearly the same condition as Earth, through the use of gap hax, of course. Time goes by, the plan goes on smoothly until the initial colonization wave becomes insufficient. The people from the Human Village is then allowed to join the project and the game starts.

-borderfree

This is the exact Back story I used to explain Gensokyou Beta, allowing me to play as Youkai in a D&D campaign in the 40k setting.

And this is a much more well executed idea than mine.

I legitimately gave Hawk a nose bleed by talking about Sanae's Panties 

Quote    Reply   

elephante33

Shrine Demon

#6 [url]

Jan 29 13 8:58 AM

This is the exact Back story I used to explain Gensokyou Beta, allowing me to play as Youkai in a D&D campaign in the 40k setting.And this is a much more well executed idea than mine.

-tskikagezainin

yup, though your charatcter dosnt know this, and prey she dosnt while still in employ of the imperium, because magical planet full of flying maidens who dont beleive in the emperor is like a giant sign saying "dont waste space marines here, just Exterminatus them all" 

Give me a gun, a google-eyed alien to shoot it at, and I’ll die a happy man.

Quote    Reply   

borderfree

Victim of Immortality

#7 [url]

Jan 29 13 10:07 AM

If anyone would manage to read my long posts, I would really appreciate it. Any ideas or thoughts you guys come up with should be shared too. I wonder if anyone of you think that making a working game like this is possible. Since all of the people whom I've talked to said that it is impossible and they didn't want to have anything to do with it.

yup, though your charatcter dosnt know this, and prey she dosnt while still in employ of the imperium, because magical planet full of flying maidens who dont beleive in the emperor is like a giant sign saying "dont waste space marines here, just Exterminatus them all" 

-elephante33

Just a confirmation, you're talking about tskikage and not me, right?

Quote    Reply   

tskikagezainin

Great Sealed Magician

#8 [url]

Jan 29 13 4:04 PM

Just a confirmation, you're talking about tskikage and not me, right?

-borderfree

Aye, Elephante is my Game Master for 40k, and I'm his Dungeon Master for Dungeons and Dragons

I legitimately gave Hawk a nose bleed by talking about Sanae's Panties 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#9 [url]

Jan 29 13 6:32 PM

Seems interesting, the plot is believable too; I'm curious, the humans that are to fight, are they average humans?

For "Build" will there be any cap, or will colossal structures eventually bestrew the land?

I've taken a liking to the idea of Yukari's gaps being the method of fast-travel.

Overall I like the idea, though it seems to deviate a bit from Touhou; I can fathom it as a reboot though.

その [b]愛/藍[/b] が,運命を変える

Quote    Reply   

elephante33

Shrine Demon

#10 [url]

Jan 30 13 9:07 PM

Aye, Elephante is my Game Master for 40k, and I'm his Dungeon Master for Dungeons and Dragons

-tskikagezainin

i think we should make a thread for this so they know how its going. though i must warn you guys, some parts of the story you might be about to read might be....disturbing, Tskikage dont spoil the sad, sad surprises and shit. NO SPOILERS!!

Give me a gun, a google-eyed alien to shoot it at, and I’ll die a happy man.

Quote    Reply   

cookies1

Tenacious Tengu Tabloider

#12 [url]

Jan 31 13 2:23 PM

Really long yet good text about the game.
-borderfree

These are some really good ideas. Go for it! :D

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it." - Himura Kenshin

Quote    Reply   

redmagewolfe

Great Sealed Magician

#14 [url]

Feb 3 13 8:58 PM

Sounds awesome. I'd kill for an MMO like this even if it wasn't Touhou.

“An unforgettable memory can at times seem like an ugly scar.” - Clive Winslett THERE IS A CHEATER IN THE FOREST. ( ´ ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ω ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้` )

Quote    Reply   

borderfree

Victim of Immortality

#15 [url]

Feb 4 13 9:37 AM

Sounds awesome. I'd kill for an MMO like this even if it wasn't Touhou.

-redmagewolfe

Thanks, you'll have to wait for a really long time though.

Quote    Reply   

cookies1

Tenacious Tengu Tabloider

#16 [url]

Feb 4 13 1:23 PM

Thanks, you'll have to wait for a really long time though.

-borderfree

Well, the jail-time for getting out of prison after murder would keep him occupied :D

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it." - Himura Kenshin

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help