Remove this ad

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

Lead

Aug 3 13 12:54 AM

Tags : :

This I'm curious about, I've played a large number of online matches and the like and have regarded various characters by tier.
Do post your own tier list, or what tiers you regard each character as, if you'd like to.

Personally mine follows as:
(Excluded are Kokoro and Mamizou)

God Tier:
Reimu - From my experiences, basically the Sakuya of this game. Deceptively powerful. One of the, if not the best range in the game, allows for stringing chains together to be trivial as well. In addition to much, much, more.

Efficient Tier:
Miko - After the recent patch she merited her position here, when her gimmick is fully utilized a third of the opponent's health can be eliminated at the start of the round, her range is also very useful.

Marisa - Undoubtedly nerfed from her demo counterpart (which would border god-tier), still very well rounded and has very easy to use method attacks. Useful spell cards, a decent range and a very useful melee.

Mid Tier:
Byakuren (prior to 1.10c) - Bordering the above tier, she has a useful range, which can be easily overused and still remain effective. Though my regards from her are primarilly from her damage infliction, it's not to be taken too lightly.

Low Tier:
Futo - She's basically who I main, from that I can say she has one of the lowest melee potentials in the game. Also, a beginning game Futo (prior to plate breaks) is a very poorly rounded character, making her first round far from her best. She has favorable ranged methods, but it is far from the best; though the recent patch improved it, it's still very reliant on plate utilization (which the patch made more difficult). Very favorable spell cards and has what is easily the the most useful last word, burn damage.

Nitori - A favorable melee, easily omni-directional and has favorable damage dealing potential, though her spellcards are among the worst (last word fairly usable though), as is her range.

Bottom Tier:
Koishi - An enjoyable/entertaining gimmick, but even when controlled by someone who is an adept with her fighting variant, it's very limited and tethering.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#2 [url]

Nov 10 13 10:41 PM

Yeah, I have seen some since then as well, the patches have likely helped with that. Never actually played against someone who was able to do that with Koishi myself though, but I haven't played a significant amount of versus since 1.04b (which was when the game was still very imbalanced). Ironically at one point Futo actually became broken (in her favor) with the whole double UFO possibility.

The game has become fairly balanced now, to the extent that a tier list would be far more difficult to create with the latest version.

Quote    Reply   

tskikagezainin

Great Sealed Magician

#3 [url]

Nov 12 13 1:12 PM

I haven't played HM verymuch, It's not my kind of fighter. The flying thing puts me off. I hope the next one is more on par with SWR and Soku.

I legitimately gave Hawk a nose bleed by talking about Sanae's Panties 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#4 [url]

Nov 12 13 11:33 PM

tskikagezaininI haven't played HM verymuch, It's not my kind of fighter. The flying thing puts me off. I hope the next one is more on par with SWR and Soku.

I can understand.
Personally though, I've taken a liking to the flying, it has a distinctive feel that is difficult to contrast with many other fighters. So it leaves me with a reason to continually return to it for reasons aside from it being Touhou (or simply put, plot, music, and the like).

Soku always felt to be something along the lines of a more range focused Melty Blood. Don't misconstrue what I'm saying, it has enough to be distinctive, card system, flight, and the like (it does share quite a bit with MB too though), but overall Melty Blood is what I'd rather play. MB controls very well with a keyboard (which is uncommon, HM does for reasons I shouldn't have to elaborate on, but Soku doesn't) and the melee/offensive focus and larger emphasis on mix-ups has it being my personal preferred of the two. So it was nice to see Taosgare attempt something new.

Last Edited By: red beryl Nov 12 13 11:38 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#6 [url]

Nov 20 13 3:07 AM

I know, was really just elaborating on why I personally like/enjoy it. I seem to have developed a habit of doing that.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help