Remove this ad

Gooptek

Simple Shrine Miko

Lead

Mar 25 14 9:46 AM

Tags : :

So, I've been getting more and more into Touhou recently. Knew the characters for a while. Only decided to finally try out a game (and a spin-off at that, mind you) a short while ago. Even still, I wanted to get in touch with the community early. So, here I am. Maybe I'll eventually grow some (hypothetical) chest on my hair and try the main games sometime soon.

Also, Hawk got me here. He probably knows me.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#1 [url]

Mar 27 14 2:45 PM

Hehe, didn't expect a new member.
Welcome to the forum.

A fan game, GoS I assume?
Though I would recommend Gensokyo Wars too.

Hm, Hawk's not here often unfortunately, I don't quite remember anymore as it's been a while, but something about restricted internet access, if that's still the case at least.

Quote    Reply   

Gooptek

Simple Shrine Miko

#2 [url]

Mar 27 14 5:13 PM

No, not really. It's Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. I'm a big fighting game fan, and SWR plays like a mix of some of my favorite fighting games over the course of my life. It was unavoidable for me to check it out eventually. Also, I can't resist puppet users in fighting games. They're all so... gimmicky (in a good way). And Alice seems to fit fine on a Nendoroid doll.
I may check out those two other games sometime, though. Gensokyo Wars seem particularly interesting, to say the least.

Quote    Reply   

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#3 [url]

Mar 27 14 6:54 PM

Ah, that's a spinoff, it was made by both Taosgare and Team Shanghai Alice.
I do like fighters myself, not that I'm very good at them, been a big fan of Melty Blood for a while.
Was never very good at Alice, less so than the others at least hehe. I usually play who I find that I enjoy, as for puppet users, the only one I play is Cletia in E's, I find her to be pretty enjoyable.

Yeah, the attack animations in Gensokyo Wars are quite nice, been enjoying the games for a number of reasons, that's certainly one.

Quote    Reply   

Gooptek

Simple Shrine Miko

#4 [url]

Mar 28 14 2:49 PM

Shame I can only recognize about half of Gensokyo Wars' characters. The only ones I could tell apart were Reimu, Shizuha and Flandre, from the gameplay video I watched. Ah well.
Another character from SWR which picked my interest quite a lot was Aya Shameimaru. The fact she's a Tengu without a long nose or a beak is something I find to be funny. Shame I only know how to play her as a projectile spammer, something I heard she's terrible at. But, at least, she's got a cool crouch.
And I can't seem to find some good footage of Melty Blood gameplay. Do you have any links?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hawk

#5 [url]

Mar 28 14 3:08 PM

Gooptek wrote:
Shame I can only recognize about half of Gensokyo Wars' characters. The only ones I could tell apart were Reimu, Shizuha and Flandre, from the gameplay video I watched. Ah well.
Another character from SWR which picked my interest quite a lot was Aya Shameimaru. The fact she's a Tengu without a long nose or a beak is something I find to be funny. Shame I only know how to play her as a projectile spammer, something I heard she's terrible at. But, at least, she's got a cool crouch.
And I can't seem to find some good footage of Melty Blood gameplay. Do you have any links?

Shall I mention there's also Momiji Inubashiri, who is not only a Tengu, but specifically a White Wolf Tengu?

Quote    Reply   

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#6 [url]

Mar 28 14 10:06 PM

Gooptek wrote:

Hehe, you'll come to recognize most.
That she does, Aya also has a nice backwards walk.
I always did find that irony to be comical, how even the most threatening of supernatural creatures are depicted as ostensibly harmless girls.

As for Melty Blood,here's the opening for the latest version (AACC):

And here's a somewhat memorable string of matches of someone playing my main very well (8:26), hopefully the commentary doesn't bother ya~

EDITS: Can't get the second video to be hyper-link properly, I assume it's because I have it to skip to a later segment in the video. The HTM distorts with each edit as well.

Last Edited By: red beryl Mar 28 14 10:21 PM. Edited 8 times.

Quote    Reply   

Gooptek

Simple Shrine Miko

#7 [url]

Mar 29 14 8:50 AM

red beryl wrote:

Gooptek wrote:

Hehe, you'll come to recognize most.
That she does, Aya also has a nice backwards walk.
I always did find that irony to be comical, how even the most threatening of supernatural creatures are depicted as ostensibly harmless girls.

Well, Melty Blood looks really good so far. And that opening is one of the best I've seen for a fighting game. Certainly gets me excited. Which one would you recommend, though? There's like ten billion versions of Actress Again, plus some other ones.
On the topic of characters I like, I feel Aya and Alice fit a Nendoroid figure pretty nicely (Actually, all Touhou characters do), which means bonus points on my character book. Everybody loves Nendoroids.
And in terms of comedy, I also find that irony to be funny. I guess the fact they could break the world makes them even more lovable, especially on Tenshi's case.

Quote    Reply   

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#8 [url]

Mar 31 14 12:46 AM

Well, Melty Blood looks really good so far. And that opening is one of the best I've seen for a fighting game. Certainly gets me excited. Which one would you recommend, though? There's like ten billion versions of Actress Again, plus some other ones.
On the topic of characters I like, I feel Aya and Alice fit a Nendoroid figure pretty nicely (Actually, all Touhou characters do), which means bonus points on my character book. Everybody loves Nendoroids.
And in terms of comedy, I also find that irony to be funny. I guess the fact they could break the world makes them even more lovable, especially on Tenshi's case.

If you want to play multi-player, have the most responsive controls with a keyboard, and the newest version, it would be Acress Again Current Code (Act Cadenza has the best single player though).
AACC Ver.1.07 Rev.1.4.0 is the latest.

I'd forgotten about nendoroids, I'd imagine most Touhou characters would look quite well as a nendoroid. I remember Marisa, Reimu, and Remi looked great in that one Nendoroid PSP game a while back. 

Hehe, indeed.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help