Remove this ad

guilefulcanine

Winter's Remains

Lead

May 9 12 9:28 AM

Tags : :

I suppose it's another technical thread.

Does anyone know how to achieve a high score in PCB? Does it have to do with cherries?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

redmagewolfe

Great Sealed Magician

#1 [url]

May 9 12 2:39 PM

The largest factor is timing the activations of your Borders. 

“An unforgettable memory can at times seem like an ugly scar.” - Clive Winslett THERE IS A CHEATER IN THE FOREST. ( ´ ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ω ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้` )

Quote    Reply   

sakuyaizayoi

Victim of Immortality

#2 [url]

May 9 12 5:20 PM

The largest factor is timing the activations of your Borders. 

-redmagewolfe

Interesting. Usually I just have my cherry border until it runs out (I'll assume most people do this). Also it's true when you let go of the shift button you gain more points right?

Quote    Reply   

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#3 [url]

May 10 12 1:47 AM

Interesting. Usually I just have my cherry border until it runs out (I'll assume most people do this). Also it's true when you let go of the shift button you gain more points right?

-sakuyaizayoi

I had never heard that, though it does seem logical. I may test that tomorrow, I may.

その [b]愛/藍[/b] が,運命を変える

Quote    Reply   

guilefulcanine

Winter's Remains

#4 [url]

May 10 12 9:30 PM

Interesting. @Wolfe: Care to explain that? Does that mean get as many borders as you can, or get borders at specific times, or...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

redmagewolfe

Great Sealed Magician

#5 [url]

May 11 12 3:31 PM

Interesting. @Wolfe: Care to explain that? Does that mean get as many borders as you can, or get borders at specific times, or...

-guilefulcanine

Timing them so that you get borders at times when you can hit a lot of enemies, or hit a boss accurately for an extended period of time.
Also, typically you'll want to be unfocused while having borders, as that greatly increases your border bonus for most characters.
The wiki actually has a pretty handy scoring guide for PCB. I'd try to summarize it, but I'm not that great at PCB, and it's system is relatively complex.
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Cherry_Blossom/Gameplay

“An unforgettable memory can at times seem like an ugly scar.” - Clive Winslett THERE IS A CHEATER IN THE FOREST. ( ´ ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ω ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้` )

Quote    Reply   

sakuyaizayoi

Victim of Immortality

#6 [url]

May 11 12 6:10 PM

I had never heard that, though it does seem logical. I may test that tomorrow, I may.

-red_beryl

Tis true though. I've experimented with Sakuya B and I was able to raise up a lot of points.

Quote    Reply   

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#7 [url]

May 12 12 2:56 AM

Tis true though. I've experimented with Sakuya B and I was able to raise up a lot of points.

-sakuyaizayoi

I see, neat. I had never spared the required duration to test it, but I'll accept your statement as fact.

その [b]愛/藍[/b] が,運命を変える

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help