Remove this ad

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

Lead

Jun 21 12 1:20 AM

Tags : :

It has been a fair duration spanning since the awaited release of this title had made its debut.
A general conversing in the aspect of revisiting.
Hence:
Were you disappointed or had it exceeded expectations.

Has the title lost its luster throughout the duration, or has it kept it.

Is the title still as enjoyable as some of the others.

Second opinions.

etc.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

redmagewolfe

Great Sealed Magician

#1 [url]

Dec 9 12 10:36 PM

Well shit. I was gonna make a topic like this seeing as 13.5 is in the works, but now I see that it's already done. 

I think TD was great. Not perfect, and it wasn't everything it could be, but it had some great aspects and a few interesting characters.  Zun's art is easily the best it's ever been, and the OST is as good as ever. Anyone who says TD has a lame OST is just trying to be a dirty hipster.
Not gonna lie, I do wish Sakuya'd been in this one instead of Youmu, but hey, at least we got some new playable characters with very different playstyles.
Toyota-san-nekomimimi-miku is a GREAT antagonist with awesome lines and a kickass theme. Seeing Yuyuko and Kogasa again is just plain old fanservice, but I gotta love it! 
Gameplay feels crisp, responsive and generally fun despite the lower difficulty. But as I've said before, an easier game isn't a bad thing at all as long as it still punishes you for panicking and being an idiot.

All in all, it's a very mid-range game compared to the rest, and pretty damn fun in it's own right. Still has the charm that makes the series enjoyable.

still don't like that damn tanooki though.

“An unforgettable memory can at times seem like an ugly scar.” - Clive Winslett THERE IS A CHEATER IN THE FOREST. ( ´ ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ω ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้` )

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 10 12 1:47 AM

-redmagewolfe

Noooooooo. Seriously, I found Mamizou awesome! Why wouldn't you like her?

Anyway, I found Ten Desires to be enjoyable, and while it wasn't as hard as the other games, stage 5 and 6 still had some unexpected, sometimes rather frustrating patterns.

<FloatingGhostz> You're from Serbia? <DisasterMaster> Yes I am. <Tskikage> The land of the Werewolves o.o <FloatingGhostz> Never heard of it.

Quote    Reply   

redmagewolfe

Great Sealed Magician

#3 [url]

Dec 10 12 9:28 PM

Noooooooo. Seriously, I found Mamizou awesome! Why wouldn't you like her? .

-disastermaster

She looks dumb and her theme is dumb.
That's my reasoning!

“An unforgettable memory can at times seem like an ugly scar.” - Clive Winslett THERE IS A CHEATER IN THE FOREST. ( ´ ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ω ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้` )

Quote    Reply   

redmagewolfe

Great Sealed Magician

#5 [url]

Dec 10 12 9:43 PM

C'mon man Touhou really needed a Tanuki and she perfectly fits the job and she's the first Windows Meganekko.

-gpogoso

No. megane is bad. 
You can take yer raccoon girls and gyeeeeeet out!
?685375

Really thought I don't actually have a reason, just don't like her. I'm sure she's actually a pretty sweet character, though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#6 [url]

Dec 10 12 11:42 PM

Well shit. I was gonna make a topic like this seeing as 13.5 is in the works, but now I see that it's already done. 
I think TD was great. Not perfect, and it wasn't everything it could be, but it had some great aspects and a few interesting characters.  Zun's art is easily the best it's ever been, and the OST is as good as ever. Anyone who says TD has a lame OST is just trying to be a dirty hipster.

-redmagewolfe

Heh, heh, I'd forgotten that I created this topic.
Desire Drive still remains as one of my favorites.

-redmagewolfe

Oddly, the game itself she wasn't terribly relevant, she hadn't been too relevant in Ibara Kasen either, but, Forbidden Scrollery seems as though she may have a noteworthy role.

Not gonna lie, I do wish Sakuya'd been in this one instead of Youmu, but hey, at least we got some new playable characters with very different playstyles.

-redmagewolfe

I would have personally preferred to have her in addition to Youmu, but I wouldn't be sure how to include Sakuya in this game.
Indeed, I was terrible with Youmu, but I certainly had my segment of enjoyment using her to slice stage bosses.

Toyota-san-nekomimimi-miku is a GREAT antagonist with awesome lines and a kickass theme. Seeing Yuyuko and Kogasa again is just plain old fanservice, but I gotta love it!

-redmagewolfe

I am fond of MIko, her theme as well.
"I have no reason to fight you. 'Harmony is to be Valued' after all." It was interesting to see a stage six boss attempting to refrain from combat.
Kogasa's inclusion was certainly an enjoyable bonus.

[image]

-redmagewolfe

XD

その [b]愛/藍[/b] が,運命を変える

Quote    Reply   

chronopolis

Secluded Librarian

#7 [url]

Dec 11 12 1:17 AM

-redmagewolfe

Sword-wielder=hell yea.

One of the reasons there have been reappearances by characters, is touhou is starting to get to many characters, and ZUN knows it. That's why there haven't been any distinct midbosses for a while, most of the new characters are relevant. Not that camo's and continuity between the games isn't cool.

Quote    Reply   

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#8 [url]

Dec 12 12 10:18 PM

Sword-wielder=hell yea.One of the reasons there have been reappearances by characters, is touhou is starting to get to many characters, and ZUN knows it. That's why there haven't been any distinct midbosses for a while, most of the new characters are relevant. Not that camo's and continuity between the games isn't cool.

-chronopolis

Ah, definitely, and with the characters already introduced it's often expressed that they haven't been given enough appearances.
ZUN seems to use the X.0 games to introduce new characters where as the spinoffs and mangas are used primarily to have older characters appear.

その [b]愛/藍[/b] が,運命を変える

Quote    Reply   

redmagewolfe

Great Sealed Magician

#9 [url]

Dec 13 12 3:02 PM

I am fond of MIko, her theme as well."I have no reason to fight you. 'Harmony is to be Valued' after all." It was interesting to see a stage six boss attempting to refrain from combat.

-red_beryl

My favorite line of her's was against Marisa.
There's just something so cool about an enemy that pretty much knows she's gonna lose, and is aware of exactly how her enemy is gonna act afterwards, but calmly fights anyway.

Quote    Reply   

red beryl

Great Sealed Magician

#10 [url]

Dec 14 12 6:42 PM

I never did play through the game as Marisa.
I had just finished reading the scenario on the wiki though, that was a nice exchange.

You require my ability to hear ten desires at once and understand them all!

-Miko

It even elucidated the intent of the game's title.

その [b]愛/藍[/b] が,運命を変える

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help